Introduction - how this blog works

The idea of this blog is to share some of my favourite bits of mountain biking with the world. Principally so that you too can enjoy the bits I've enjoyed. And avoid the bits I've hated. So many people have given us advice on biking since we started - what bikes to buy, where to ride, how to ride. So this is my chance to feed a bit back to that body of knowledge.

I'd really welcome your comments - what have I raved about that you thought was awful? What gems did I miss when I visited your local riding spot? Is a bit that I said was awful actually sweet singletrack in the summer or when you're riding well? Comments will help this resource be improved for all readers, and also give me some hints as to where to ride next!

I've written a load about what we've ridden over the last year, and grouped it geographically. My plan is to add to it in the future, hopefully using the tags to keep each region together, though I haven't quite worked out how it will work yet. I may just need to start all over again in a year to keep things organised more sensibly - I'm not really sure a blog is the most sensible format - but it seems the best for me as I'm not terribly motivated to learn any more code than the day job necessitates.

Sunday 10 July 2011

Bingley Bash

Mountain bike circuits don't often get names but everyone seems to refer to this one as the Bingley Bash. We did the version from Singletrack (can't work out which issue). We found a surprising amount of singletrack on the route including north of Wilsden (093368 to 095371) west of Cottingley (100370 to 107372) across Harden Moor (082393 to 078391, this bit even had a technical step in it), south of Barcroft (047375), across Hallas Rough Park (054355 to 058353), south of Cullingworth (963355 to 071363, with suprsingly large drop offs), into Harden Beck (075365 to 077365, actually this was doubletrack but with rideable steps down the side) and west of Wilsden (081363 to 085366). We were surprised by the amount of singletrack in this urban settign - there is probably more if you explore soem of the footpaths too. Not very technical, but all good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment